Monday, March 21, 2011

Most Expensive Spring Break EVER!

It started out as an inexpensive spring break, 2011 but that changed before we hit the Alabama border rolling South through Tennessee.  I pull our TT with a F250 Super Duty diesel and going up a hill I felt a sudden loss of power and the wrench light came on on the dash.  Uh-oh!  I proceeded to limp on down to Ft Pickens CG and called the Pensacola Ford early Monday morning.  Their service dept line kept kicking over to the cashier and she put me through to the service dept voice mail.  It said somebody would call me back.  By 2 PM I'd had enough waiting so I called Gary Smith Ford in Ft. Walton, 40 miles away.  They got me in first thing Tuesday and then the bad news came.  Blown turbo, and a repair bill around $2,500.00.  OUCH!!!  I had to rent a car to get back to the campground and this little repair cost money and qutie a bit of time away from the beach.  Thus ends the tale of my most expensive Spring Break.

No comments: