Friday, October 28, 2011

I-65 through Birmingham Alabama

How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways..

( A parody of “Let me count the ways”)

How do I loathe thee? Let me count the ways.
I loathe thee to the depth of my shock absorbers as they bottom out
My cabinet doors doth open and all matter of supplies have fallen out.
The jars have torn the bike rack asunder and I have found them dragging long behind
As the weld in the bumper tore and the bikes became junk and became intertwined.
For the ends of the road will leave a camper in disarray
and all the travelers luncheons will have to be cleaned up along the way.
I loathe thee to the level all in a day’s ride
Most quiet need of smooth highway I can certainly abide.
I loathe thee freely, as we travel through;
To the land of the sun and the gulf so blue.
I loathe thee purely; as you turn my camper into ham
I loathe thee with the passion as we put it back together as best we can.
In my grief I shout, fix this damn road! but in my faith I have my doubts.
For travel it we must if we want a holiday,
from somewhere up north down to the gulf’s ocean spray.
Please fix the dang road is all I can say
as we lurch, and bump and make our way.

No comments: