Monday, November 7, 2011

Cleaning Fresh Water Tank

We purchased the Premier a week before our fall trip to St George Island SP in Florida and I did not have enough time to clean the fresh waster tank before the trip.  It had been winterized buy the dealer but drained and partially filled with fresh water.  We didn't really need the water but kept it for the overnights on the road.  It was not drinkable but used for the bathroom and heating up for dishes.  Today is the 7th of November and I'd normally have the camper winterized by now. But since we are going to use it for 8 days around Thanksgiving and again for 3 nights during a trade show in early December, I'm filling the holding tank not draining it!I decided to go ahead and sanitize the tank today and used the recommended method from the owners manual.  Its a little extra work this late in the season but worth is since there will be no water hook ups for those 11 days.  I'm not too concerned about freezing at Thanksgiving but I am for the December show.  When we loaded out last year on Sunday night it was 11 degrees!
Anyway, I'm glad I cleaned the fresh water tank and am ready for the upcoming trips.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even though the water inside the water tank is not potable, it's important to keep it sanitized. The water inside the tank can harbor millions of bacteria which are potentially harmful, so it's important to keep it sanitized.

Richelle Loughney